Monday, August 4, 2008

fridge liberation:)

Another weekend slipped by me... filled to the brim with TO DO and 'must not forget'. It's a good thing it was mostly rainy, so I didn't miss much fun. I did, however, liberated our fridge from the kids art, and am pretty happy about it. Like most fridges, mine was heavy with kid art and a million magnets holding all that genius together. It was getting ridiculous, so... I went out, got a bunch of frames and framed some of girls favorite pieces. Now their room looks like a little gallery. I hope to add more frames in the future to fill that entire wall with adorable nonsense:) If I had a little more time I would have painted the wall yellow first, but that's a project for some other time...
(b.t.w.: when I say I, I mean me and my husband Mike - who actually did all the work while I did all the directing. I'm not very handy at all.)

10 comments:

heather rene said...

I so need to do that! You can barely see our fridge behind the construction paper. My daughter has now recently discovered the joy of tape, and goes around the house taping random drawings onto every available surface. Good times!

tatjana said...

You have some serious artists at your house! Are you going to rotate the art in the frames or just add more? It looks great! My hallways is slated to get all our framed art - after we opaint it, but I think you just liberated me : you can always paint later, right?

kitty stitch said...

These look fab, its cool for the girls to have their work on show. We are having that same rain its all being blown over to the uk!

orange you lucky! said...

Tatjana, I'm totally going to rotate the art. As soon as they do something else to be proud of - it's going on the wall! Oh, and my plan to paint that room did stop me from doing it earlier... but, I jumped over it:)
Kitty Stitch, they were so proud of their work, it was great! And... what a rainy summer:( I hope to get at least a few more outside meals out of summer:)

Anonymous said...

you are such a great mom! it's such validation to have your art framed :)

helen, i opened my etsy shop today... if you get a chance, i'd love to have you visit!

Lou@weheartbooks said...

What a lovely idea and I love the way you have arranged them on the wall. I can't wait until my little one is drawing so I can replicate your wall at my house.

Lucy Joy said...

How lovely! I would have loved to have a mini gallery of my sisters and my paintings when I was little! I love the big red sun :) x

AnnDeO said...

So nice, I always have big ideas and then never follow through.

s a n s k u :) said...

I so want my little girl's room to look like this one day. And our tv room too! :) Kids' art is my favorite!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

What a great idea, I cant stand stuff all over the fridge. This is ideal and very good for the children to see their work framed as ARTWORK.


Jen Ramos
'100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards & More'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com